Monday, April 30, 2007

Gosh, paper is pretty. And the rest of my studio is not.


Isn't this lovely? A stack of 4bar cards, waiting for round two with the press--and hoping to be chosen as the best of the best. For sending to the happy couple, that is.

Friends of friends Linda and Brian are getting married this summer, and chose *moi* to do their invites. They turned out to be quite luxurious, in my opinion. Ink in papaya and chocolate, a lush image, and toothy cream-colored paper for the invite and rsvp. It's taken me a bit of time to pick the one that I get to keep for my portfolio!Here's the finished product, with a bit of editing for the public. I'm so excited about these!

What I'm not excited about is the state of my worktable. It's been a catch-all for all kinds of junk--err, supplies--while I've been gallivanting around New England teaching workshops. And of course flickr is being extremely slow tonight, so I can't leave notes on the photo. But here it is, and check back soon for fun tidbits about the may day magpie. Yay! Click on the photo to see what the magpie is "collecting."

2 comments:

grantatee said...

kelly,

happy almost birthday to you and your press.

those invites are sooo beautiful!

love,
grant

Courtney said...

hi there, beautiful invitations.
i am getting married in Sept - do you do other wedding invites or just for friends?