Wednesday, July 18, 2007

new books & a new look

Sometimes working for yourself can be a chore. And sometimes it's great! Today was a terribly rainy day, so I ran to the Savoy to pick up a few videos--Grey Gardens and Midnight Cowboy--and ran into Eric and talked about his Sci-Fi July movie series, and then back home to hunker down at the worktable. The results are these pretty little case-bound books, made with fabric from my voluminous stash. They're a good size (5x6-1/2") and have 144 pages.

What do you think? Leave me a comment--tell me that you love them, or hate them, that I'm totally off the mark, or whatever you like, and I might just send you a little something as a treat!

Also, I did a quick web design with google pages, and now May Day Studio has a home! Come on over! There's coffee and vegan cookies if you're nice!

3 comments:

Courtney Miller-Callihan said...

I love them! Especially that red one. I am a total sucker for toile-type fabrics.

Thank you for the birthday wishes last month! We even unexpectedly found ourselves in Vermont overnight a few days later. I was so annoyed that I didn't have your phone number. Next time. VT is closer than I thought.

Smith College Class of '99 said...

Your books are wonderful! I love stopping over to see what new thing you're making.
tiffany

ps. a rainy day with grey gardens sounds so entertaining. have you seen the newer documentary with the extra footage yet? its great and almost all Little Edie. fantastic!

grantatee said...

kelly,

these books are GOREGOUS. just like you.

and, yay for the *official* website.

you rock

love
g