Friday, January 11, 2008

why is vacation so much work?

Although I tried to take a work "vacation," I ended up thinking more about printing & binding than I have in awhile. In the xmas rush, my modus operandi was "do-do-do-get it done"...and now it seems that I need to think for an entire day (it's now after 5 pm and I'm just getting to the "do" part) before I can make anything happen.

I'm still finalizing my holiday cards (I know! I'm sooo late this year.) and working on a few new cards for sale. In the meantime, to hold you over:I'm a sucker for vintage ribbons. These all came from the Re-store yesterday (grand total: $3.05)...a small lot of vintage satins in white, blue, mint, pink, yellow, and red. Those of you who've bought from my etsy shop know that I package all of my book and cards in kraft paper, tied with pretty vintage ribbons.

My inspiration board. I don't have a whole lot of wallspace in the studio, so everything gets rotated on and off here in a timely manner. Up there now(clockwise from top):
  • two playing cards "lady midget" and "c" (found by my friend brad in the wall of his house)
  • quote from willy wonka and the chocolate factory that i've been repeating to myself all day: "Invention, my dear friends, is 93% perspiration, 6% electricity, 4% evaporation, and 2% butterscotch ripple." Send me butterscotch ripple, stat!
  • barn swallow drawing by my friend missa
  • poppy postcard received from an email buddy
  • majorette postcard...my first project on my press
  • "merry" poster done by rik in my holiday letterpress class
  • tiny art invitation (not yet done...)
  • "dolly salad" line ideas (my not-yet realized ideas for fantastic homegoods made from vintage materials)
Grrr. Back to work.

No comments: